Sunday, February 1, 2009

I need another weekend.

You know those weekends that are so busy that you need another weekend just to recover. This weekend was almost that bad. I've had busier weekends but this one was up there.

It started out Friday when I got home from school and went into a mad rush to finish our pinewood derbies. We are the webelos leaders and Brett has been looking forward to pinewood derby since we were called last May. So brett spend all day the previous Saturday in my mom's shop cutting out his dodge charger police car and my porsche carrera barbie car. Then friday we painted them and added the weight. Our weight is shot and slugs from shot gun shells which I think is funny.
This is Brett's car which was part of the free race after the official race.
This one is mine which was in the official race and didn't do quite as well... but it's hott! And of course it is the only one with pink in it.

So friday night we impounded the cars at the church and then went to a friend from my major's apartment for dinner and to play games. I now remember why I made the vow in high school to never play mariocart in front of other people, or at least people who don't already know me really really well and love me lots, and have renewed that vow. Actually that applies to all car racing games. I enjoy racing games but I'm pretty bad at them and get really loud and crazy while play them. Surprising huh? me? loud? never!.

So Saturday morning was he race day. It was pretty fun. I enjoyed seeing how into it the dad's were.
Here is Brett (isn't he cute in his uniform) helping one of our webelo's graphite his wheels.
This is the mad house that ensued after the last call to make any adjustments to cars following the parade of cars.

Following the race we headed up to Idaho. We spent that evening at my parents house. I filled out a pile of paperwork to accept a job in Idaho Falls for the summer. Yes, in case you haven't heard we're coming/going home for the summer and we're very excited about it.

Saturday evening I also realized I'm shamefully not much of a hardy Idaho girl anymore. Down in salt lake it's in the high 30's and not too much snow left. So I wore sandals home. Well news flash.. it's still winter in Idaho and I'm a wanny when it comes to cold now.

Sunday we got to sleep in YES!. A niece (on Brett's side) was being blessed and thankfully their church wasn't till 1:00 PM! Yahoo. The blessing was great and afterward was a huge gathering of people. So the baby was Brett's brother's child and the baby's mom had a brother who also had a baby being blessed (did you follow??) so there was three families there! But luckily there was enough food for all and just about enough room.

Following the party we drove home where I immediately went to work finishing homework. So tomorrow is Saturday again right???

4 comments:

Katie M. said...

Love the derby cars. Pink rocks! So good to see you today. Hope you can have a relaxing Monday. We are so excited you will be in Idaho for the summer! YAY!

Unknown said...

Your cars are awesome! I totally think we should petition that the weekends be extended!

Mattsmom said...

It was great to see you! Words do not express how much gratitude we have for you guys truckin' it on down here for our baby's blessing! We could not ask for more supportive, loving, and all around FABULOUS family!

Your car is Hot with a capitol H!

Caroline said...

I still can't believe you had a pink car!!! I think it is totally sweet, but I never took you to be a "pink" kinda girl. Anyway, it has been fun to see you guys over the past few days. It's has been fast, and crazy most of the time, but that is just how life is. I thought once I was finished school that my life would slow down, but just the opposite happened. I love it though, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh, and we are so excited that you guys will be here for the summer. Sean can't wait to have his brother close by again.