Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Can someone clear something up for me.

So I judged a science fair for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders today. And let me tell you it was a riot. For the most part I was really impressed by how much the kids new. Although now that it's over I'm still wondering about what one kid told me. Is cloning illegal??? Have we clones a human??? Do they know enough about cloning humans to know that it causes lung cancer, heart disease, and lot's of other problems with our body and that is why it's illegal. Now I don't watch the news much and I'm not really into anything biological so maybe I missed the cloning thing but last I heard we'd only clones sheep. Another boy told me he wanted to make solar powered muscle cars. That sounded a bit like an oxymoron to me but more power to ya kid. I was completely blown away by some of the kids. One boy tested to see if there was bacteria living in freshly fallen and day old white snow. He found that yes there was and a lot of it. I asked him in the end if he'd still eat snow and he told me yes just not a big bowl of it. I think I was cured of ever eating snow, white or yellow. All in all I thought the kids all did fantastic jobs... accept for the boy who wouldn't tell me about his project, he just sat in the corner and read... I felt a bit bad for him.

Since being enlightened at the science fair I shut down my human cloning machine since now I know it's illegal, stopping internet shopping for solar powered muscle cars because the boy who is going to invent them is still in 6th grade, and decided to not eat the fresh snow outside for lunch. Instead I took part in my new found hobby. Digital scrap booking. I'm really proud of this page because I branched out into embellishments and discovered what .rar files are and how to use them.
This time I found everything from http://digiscrapdepot.com/freebies/. But of course the photo shop actions were still courtesy of thepioneerwoman.com.

And don't worry. These scrapbook pages won't go on much longer. I'm beginning to run out of page ideas and decent pictures on my hardrive.

4 comments:

Mattsmom said...

You ROCK!!!!!!!!!! I want to be able to digiscrap! keep the pages coming!

Courtney said...

oooh i like this scrapbook page a lot! it's so pretty!! and i love the quote on it!

also, i'm loving the science fair project about snow. now i have some good scientific evidence for my argument that my husband should not eat snow. (til now it's really been a losing argument.)

Heidi said...

Gross, I had no idea about the snow. I suppose I will not be encouraging Christian to eat snow, it is so not cute anymore. I am excited that you have found your way into digital scrapbooking. I haven't quite taken that leap, although I have downloaded all of the shabby princess kits. I just use them for blog headers. I'm a little intimidated by doing a complete layout. I haven't done one in over 3 years!! But I enjoy looking at yours! Very cute!

Zina said...

If cloning happens in books, it happens in real life, right?