Monday, February 23, 2009

Colorado Weekend Numero Uno

This weekend was my brother's engagement party in Colorado. Friday afternoon my parents and sister picked us up and we drove to Rawlins Wyoming. Now I drove through Wyoming once before in my life but I'd forgotten. Wyoming goes on for EVER! Saturday we got to Colorado. Saturday night was their engagement party. It was fun considering I knew no one there. I took my camera, okay well Brett's, with the highest intention of taking a lot of picture but only took two and neither were actually in Colorado. So since we just got our invite to the party I decided to use it to illustrate what I did this weekend. (Of course I couldn't just post it I had to digi-scarp it cuz it wastes way more time. The paper and embellishments were from shabby princess. I was using a different paper at first but photoshop closed on me before I had saved it and then while looking for embellishments I found this paper. I figured it would be perfect because Maddie got an adorable paisley serving bowl at the party. Also I don't know about all screens but I know on my screen the color on the announcement is off... maybe I need a new scanner. Oh and I whited out all their personal info (since it's not my info to share) and that is why there are large white gaps on the announcement.)

Anyway, the party was mostly fun because parties are inherently fun and because of my sister-in-law Kim and her fancy camera. My brother and she have a Nikon D40x which she let me play with. I was determine to master Boken (which I had read about from pioneer woman) using the shot gun shell christmas lights used as decoration. Well the for us the boken was broken and never really worked out. But trying was fun. Although I looked like an idiot standing on the couch with my head against the wall or laying on the floor taking pictures of lights.

Sunday was a long drive back from Colorado and then frantic studying for my two tests today.. that is right two! And on friday I get to do it all over again, the drive that is, for an AIChE conference.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I just read up on the pioneer woman's blog...wish we had more to go on that night.
I'll do some investigating for next time.
Thanks for helping me pass the time--it was fun!

Heidi said...

So where in Colorado were you? I have to admit, I am slightly jealous you got to go! I miss it a lot. But I will adjust. I'm guessing that your conference thingy (I'm not even going to pretend to know what it is) is in Colorado as well. And yes, in response to your comment oh so long ago (Sorry I am a huge slacker and am just now getting around to responding) I would love to come and unofficially officially meet you. It would be fun! Let me know when you're available and what you want to do. I'm fair game!

Katie M. said...

Fun times. We missed you in Idaho last weekend. Good luck on the tests and the driving!

Zina said...

Your blog is very pretty! I love the background.