Saturday, February 14, 2009

The day of love.

I've never made a big deal over valentines day. I never felt lonely when I was single and since I haven't been single I haven't made that big of a deal over it. But I figure it's a good excuse to do something nice for my honey.

For valentines day I bought Brett a new computer monitor for our desktop. Before we had a huge monitor from like 9 yrs ago. I never realized how big it was till we got the new flat screen hooked up. I had the best intentions of saying the monitor and giving him it today but it showed up on Wednesday and he was so excited to see what was in the box I let him open it (in exchange for opening it early he is in charge of webelo's for the next two months). Now to be completely honest... I really really really wanted the new monitor too so it's as much for me as him.

Last night he came home with a dozen roses and began looking through recipes. I asked him what he was looking for and he replied that he wanted a lasagna recipe because he knew it's one of my favorites. We ended up making it together and it turned out absolutely fantastic... My mom's lasagna recipe is the best ever... I'll post it on my recipe blog one of these days. Following lasagna we went grocery shopping and then rented a movie of my choice. (I chose sisterhood of the traveling pants 2.)

Today I was suppose to/really needed to go up to campus and get homework done but instead I spent the day with brett doing a lot of nothing. This afternoon I was spending some time learning all sorts of new fun stuff on photoshop when I realized Brett had disappeared. I called out to him and he replied from the bathroom. I didn't think much of it cuz well.. guys are guys. So I started making bread for dinner. I saw Brett doing something in the closet and didn't think anything when he replied 'looking at the board games'. Then he came into the kitchen with a pen behind his ear. I thought to myself 'he took a pen in the bathroom with him? weird.' but when he said he had found it in the couch I let it go.

Finally I went to watch TV and saw a yellow sticky on the TV screen wishing me happy valentines and telling me to go get a pepsi to put in the fridge. In the pepsi was yet another note telling me to look where I would go if I was board. After retrieving a chair to stand on I found a note in the board games saying chili was a great V-day dinner. From the chili in the cupboard I was sent to 'search high and low in the throughn room'. I spent a while searching the bedroom before brett told me he meant throne room. Under the bathroom mat was a reminder I need to clean the bathroom floor (the dirty floor was reminding me, not another note from brett) and a note telling me to put my shoes on and check the mail. I spent a while running around the apartment looking in all my shoes. And when I say all over I mean all over... my shoes are highly susceptible to entropy. Well I decided to skip the shoes and run to the mail box. That is where I found out I was actually suppose to put shoes on because I was next sent to his truck. Disregarding the new snow on the ground I ran out and found August Rush in his truck. (If you missed it Brett was in the bathroom planning the scavenger's hunt, no I don't blog about bathroom use!)

I thought it was really sweet of him. Dinner was interesting to make. I decided to try to make broiled shrimp (brett's favorite at sizzler). Well they turned out decent but the pan I used will buckle in the heat making a horrible popping noise. Just after putting the shrimp in the oven There was the horrible popping noise and a spark of light. I think the light was caused by butter popping and hitting the broiling element. It was a stressful few minutes of hoping I don't break the stove or burn the apartment down.

All in all it was a good, layed back day. And valentines day was the excuse to do nothing. How bout ya'll? Do anything fun?

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

Oh, warm fuzzies. Sounds like you had a great V-day. We went to dinner without kids, that was the highlight for us!

Zina said...

that's adorable. glad you had fun:) mine was kind of stressful, but there was a boy involved, which is the closest I've come to romance on valentine's.