Thursday, July 10, 2008

SOME MORE REMINISCING

Well most the good stories about our relationship I've either already posted or don't happen for a few more months but maybe I can think of some because I know you all love reading about me ;)
I'm going to go ahead and say now our dating included a lot of kissing sooo.. be prepared,

One Year Ago Tuesday
It was my parents birthday and I invited Brett to their birthday party at my sisters house. He came and met my family for the first time (although he had already met over half of them). He got along really well with every, no one did anything mean like start calling him Uncle Brett... After the party ended Brett and I walked around the park behind Sarah's house. It was fun talking to him and playing on the toys... and kissing. I stayed there until like mindnight which was really late considering most work nights I'd be in bed by nine or ten.

One Year Ago Yesterday
So yesterday was a Monday a year ago. I was going to go to family home evening to see Brett but ended up visitng my old organ teacher and talking to her through all of family home evening. So afterward I met up with Brett at Walmart (he had to get something... I think I ended up buying deodorant... or maybe that was what he bought) we then went over to the river and walked around freeman park. We walked really fast. About half way into the walk I realized how fast we were walking and couldn't figure out why we were walking that fast. Again there was kissing involved, I won't lie. I don't know how many of you listen to country but before Brett I most certainly did not. So Brett managed to steal a couple of lines from country songs and used them on me. The first time he admitted he stole lines from songs was that night after he told me he wanted to "check me for ticks". Kind of freaked me out when he said that so he had to explain the words were from a Brad Paisley song.

One Year Ago Today and Tommorow
I don't think I saw Brett either of these days. I remember I was pretty grumpy from lack of sleep and was begining to wonder if he liked me or just like kissing me.

One Year Ago Saturday
WE BECAME OFFICIAL!
So stick with me on this one. Down at school there was a grad student who I worked with. He had just started a job where I was working. He worked with an internship program. That program only had one girl in it. Since there was only one girl they looked to other departments for another female intern to live with her. That is where they found Kimberly. But the girl from the original program was out of town a lot and so the guy I knew had me and Kimberly email back and forth so she didn't go too crazy only having guys to hang out with. Phew I hope you followed that, if not it's not that important. So Kimberly and I had met and emailed. We decided to go on a double date. For the date we had a picnic at freeman park and then went up into the foothills to see the windmills. I wasn't the happiest camper that day. (Side story: Earlier that year I had dyed my hair really dark. My mom hated it. So finally I told her if she'd pay I would go to her hair lady and get done whatever she wanted. So that day I did. I got highlights. I had gotten highlights once before and didn't like them much. They just seemed so obvious to me. I like highlights on other people just not on me. (side note I got just low lights once and loved me...) So once the lady finished my hair and I hated it. I burst out in tears after leaving the salon. My mom felt really bad.) So I picked Brett up and was pretty defensive when he said he liked my hair since I hated it. Then when we were driving up to the windmills he had tried to roll his window down but instead locked the door. I told him hey if you're trying to make a get away you can go. (I wasn't sure if he liked by so i was kind of pushing him away so either I wouldn't get hurt or he'd say he liked me, same idea as saying I feel fat just to hear I'm not... Brett never falls for that he tells me to go running then.) Well he immediately called me out. He said you seem to think I don't want to spend time with you. So think led to almost of declaration of I like you but I finked my way out of saying it. So after the windmills we kept up the conversation and Brett pulled the "So what are we? Where is this going?" I was so mad, as the girl I felt it was my right to start the relationship defining conversation and it meant I had to answer first. At this point I felt that if he just wanted casual dating there were other guys I had my eye on but if he wanted to date exclusive I'd be all for it. So my reply was "Well I am going back to Utah at the end of the summer so I just kind of what to have fun and see what happens." He said okay sounds good. So I asked "So we are dating?" He said "Yes" "So are we like exclusively dating?" "Yes". And that was it. In that moment my singledom ended forever. The next day Brett went camping and I went to Utah and we didn't talk for until church where he didn't sit by me.

1 comments:

Yasmeen said...

How do you remember all those things!?