Monday, July 7, 2008

LOOKING BACK cont.

One year ago today
A year ago right now I was still at my family's cabin with my sister Sarah. Our mom and dad had already gone home and it was just us. Sarah was pretty sick of hearing me talk about the cute boy I'd gone on a date with the weekend before (Brett of course). Around lunch time we headed home. On the was home we stopped at Dave's in Ashton and bought ice cream. I had carribou tracks. It was so so so so yummy.
I didn't think Brett would call me to do anything that evening and didn't want to sit home so Sarah and I made plans to go grocery shopping, get chinese takeout, play tennis, and exhange music. I was going to sleep over at her house. While I was packing up to leave Brett called me. We talked for a while. I was already suppose to be at my sister's house and Brett kept talking and not getting to the point of the phone call. Was he going to ask me out or not?!? I even had another friend call while I was on the phone with Brett and ask if I wanted to go swimming in the canal with her and her fiance. I told her probably not because I think I'm about to get asked out. Finally I head over to my sister's, still talking on the phone but not sure if Brett was going to ask me out at all. When I'm about half-way to Sarah's Brett finally asks me out. First he asked me if I had any plans for the night. I lied an said no (I knew Sarah was tired and wouldn't mind if I ditched her). He then said him and some buddies are going up to the sand-dunes and wanted to know if I'd like to come. At first I worried they were going four-wheeling. I'm not big into the four-wheeling thing but he said they were going to play waffle-ball and then project a movie on a sheet. So I drove the last little ways to Sarah's and told her. I was going to go back home for Brett to pick me up but she suggested that he pick me up at her house so we could still get grocery and chinese. So that is what happened.
By the time Brett picked me up some clouds had moved in and it looked like rain. So the plans had changed. Instead we were going to the riot zone and woulnd't meet up till like 2 hourse later. Brett still picked me up at the previous set time and we went to community park and got snow-cones during our extra time.
During the snow cone enjoyment the weather cleared and we decided to rent a move and get his dad's projector just in case we still wanted to watch a movie. At the riot zone we played mini-golf. I didn't golf as bad and I thought and even got a hole-in-one. It was a ton of fun flirting with Brett. After golf we went to the house of one of the girls there. She had a good wall the project the movie on. We had rented the movie Breach. I had seen the last half or so with my parents and wanted to see the begining. Brett backed his truck up and we sat in his truck bed to watch the movie. The other two couples sat on a trapoline. As we were getting blankets and everything situated Brett was drinking a pepsi and burped. It was the most rank smelling thing I'd ever smelling to that point in my life. I didn't mind though. His good looks made up for any other... less desirable qualities.
Once the movie started the flirting began. We were sitting against the cab of his truck a good 6-12 inches apart. But Brett just couldn't help but poking me as I watched the movie. And I always stand up for myself so I'd poke him back and then he'd tickle me. After a few seconds of tickling (I do not like being tickled but I didn't mind this too much) I'd push him away and tell him to watch the movie. Then all the blankets would have to be rearranged. After the third or fourth time this happend the space between us had decreased. I was having a particularly hard time getting the blanket rearranged so Brett (being to suave man that he is) reached behind me and pulled the blanket so that it covered me and would stay. So now the space between us was small. Probably in the nanometer range, one might have been able to measure it but it would have required a microscope. I'm not very shy so as soon as he put his arm around me and didn't retract it I cuddled right up to him. Also during all the tickling we had gone from sitting up to a more... horizontal posture. So the next 45 minutes to an hour we watched the movie in peace. Well I was more blissful than peaceful cuddling with such a handsom man.
This bliss continued until the point where I had already seen the movie with my parents. I then rolled over onto my stomach to go to sleep. Well of course Brett didn't continue watching to movie he had to pay attention to me. (Now days he does keep watching to movie when I go to sleep.... actually normally he falls alseep first during movies.) So there we were faces a few inches apart at some house in Rigby in the back of Brett's truck. I told him point blank, "Now would be a really bad time to burp again." I'm not sure what all we talked about. I remember looking through the pictures on his phone and coming across the picture of an ex-girlfriend. He got a little embarassed and deleted it immediatly. During one lull in converstation Brett asked me, "What are you thinking about?" Again my complete honestly reared it head and I answered, " Well in CPR they teach you that the air is about 21% oxygen, but the hair you exhale still had i think like 16% oxygen in it, and that is why you can give rescue breaths. Well, we're so close that the air you breath out I breath in so I'm only getting like 16% oxygen." Brett was totally taken off gaurd by my response.
(**WARNING: next paragraph could be considered an overshare of information**)
I then asked what he was thinking about. He replied temptation. And well that just opened a can of worms. I knew what he wanted and I was totally okay with it. The next think I remember was the last first kiss I'll ever have. And oh boy was it a good one. Most other boy's I'd kissed were new to the field and needed some practicing up so first kisses weren't enjoyable. Not Brett. He was practiced, trained, and fantastic. Well the rest of the movie played completely unnoticed by Brett or myself.
Once the movie was over we packed up and Brett took me home. He held my hand in the car. (yes I let him kiss me before holding my hand). I had to teach the lesson in relief society the next day and hadn't prepared much. He helped me figure out what direction I was going to take my lesson on the car ride home. He dropped me off at Sarah's since I was going to sleep there. I immediately woke her up and told her Brett had kissed me all giggly and excited. I wanted to tell my mom about Brett as soon as possible so I instead of staying at Sarah's went home and then woke up early and told my mom during a morning jog.
Ever since I was a little kid 7 was my lucky number. I always said it was because I was born at 7 AM. I just realized today our first kiss was on 07/07/07. It must still be my lucky number.

1 comments:

Caroline said...

That doesn't just sounds like a first kiss - that sounds like a first make-out session!!!! Those Marshall twins sure know how to treat a girl right - we are two of the luckiest girls EVER.