Wednesday, July 2, 2008

LOOKING BACK cont.

These posts will only continue for a few weeks.

One year ago yesterday
A year ago yesterday it was the first Sunday after my first date with Brett. I still went to church with Sarah even though Brett said he wouldn't be at church that day (he said his niece was being blessed that day). During sacrament I looked all around the chapel and didn't seem him anywhere so I decided to bear my testimony at the pulpit. Turns out he had been sitting directly behind me but like 6 rows back. And he had shaved his goatee and cut his hair. After church there was a linger longer. I had hoped Brett would sit next to me but someone else did. I never got a chance to talk to him that day.

One year ago today
One year ago today was a Monday. Which means family home evening. That night they were tying quilts. At the beginning I sat across the quilt from Brett and didn't really talk to him. Eventually my sister went over and talked to him. I heard her whispering to him about me. Once the quilts were all finished I did go over and talk to him for about 20 minutes. Can I just say I'm so glad we are past that awkward flirting stage. We had made tentative plans to play tennis the next day-ish if I was in town (my family was talking about going to our cabin in Island Park). Supposedly he also ask me about going to the fireworks with him but I don't remember that. I told him I'd call him and let him know if I'd be in town.
On the drive home I asked my sister what she had whispered to Brett. She told me she had told him to ask me out again. He had said he was going to but he was embarrassed. She asked why and he was surprised and said "didn't she tell you about the date". I had no clue why he should be embarrassed
Once I got home I talked to my parents and we decided on going to the cabin. So I got to call Brett. We ended up talking for an hour or two. I even stayed up till 11:00PM to talk to him. (usually I went to bed about 9:00). It took me forever but I managed to convince him to tell me why he was embarrassed. He was so surprised I had no clue. When he finally told me he said:
"You remember when I dropped you off"
"Yeeaaahh..." (I was thinking did he try for a kiss and I never notices?)
"And as we got out of the truck there was a silence."
"Sure..." (I didn't remember this silence)
"And that silence was broken."
"Will you just stop beating around the bush and tell me!"
"Well during the silence I passed gas."
I then laughed harder than I ever have before. I told him I grew up with two brothers so really it doesn't bother me. I still laugh when I think about it. (sorry Brett I hope I don't embarrass you by posting this story.)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I just read all your posts. I couldn't get the pictures to enlarge...I'm not sure why. I can't wait to read more. It's fun to hear the whole story at once.

Mattsmom said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAAAAA At least you knew what you were getting into marrying a Marshall right off the bat! Those men are all so gassy!