Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WELL I'VE DONE IT

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for quite some time now. I love reading the blogs and friends and family. I was always hestitant, here are some of my reasons:
1) It seems today you can know all the going on's in any person's life without any direct contact. 2) I don't think I have anything interesting in life to blog about, don't get me wrong, I love my life, I just don't think anyone cares to hear how much I enjoy coming home from work and just watching TV with my husband.
3) As you may have noticed I'm not a grammer/speller/witty use of english type person. I don't like proof reading at all. I'm not too keen to show off my poor english skills to everyone.
4) I used to be such a good journal keeper (i filled an entire journal in a month once) but that habit has left me. I feel like instead of recording my thoughs and memories on the intangable internet I should take the time to write in my journal.
So there are more reasons but they must not be too important because they escape me at the moment. So in response to my fears of starting a blog would all of you that may read this
1) still act suprised when i tell you a story you already read on my blog. still call/email/come visit even though you already know what i've been up to recently
2) forgive the boring posts
3) ignore the blaring spelling a grammer mistakes
4) okay my fourth concern is all my own problem

So while i'm being so listy (my dad always told me to make a list growing up, he also told me not to use the buttons on things because they'll just break) here are some things i hope to include in my blog.

1) interesting things that brett and i do/happen to us
2) recipe succeses and failures (i love reading recipes off of blogs)
3) things that make me happy (maybe a few things that make me not happy but i'll try to keep those to a minimum)
4) lot's and lot's of pictures. pictures are my favorite things to look at in blogs.


So down here in "zion" one of the few channels we get has a commercial from their local news station that says do you blog over and over. (truefully i've always disliked the commercial, there you go something that makes me not happy before i ever post anything to makes me happy) but next time that annoying commercial comes on i can say, "yes i blog!!!"

1 comments:

Margaret said...

its about time i love keeping in touch with my favorite blogers.