Monday, June 16, 2008

MY LAST NAME'S MARSHALL SO I'M TOUGH

My last name is Marshall so I'm tough... that is what I learned this weekend from one of my nieces. I hadn't realized toughening up was one of the requirement when i married into the Marshall clan. But my 5(ish) year old niece knows it so I'd better toughen up too. While i don't fall and skin my knee often anymore maybe this new "toughness" will help me be less angry when I jam my toe into various walls, doors, dressers, laundry baskets (these are the worst) in the middle of the night or get a papercut.
Well last weekend was fantastic. I typed a whole long post about my weekend but decided you would all just be jealous how good of a weekend i had so i deleted it. But i will say this. Everymeal i ate was DELICIOUS. Seeing family was fantatic (although i missed Caroline/Sean/June, Joannie/Craig/Matt/Sadie, and Mark), nieces and nephews make the world a funnier/cuter/happier place. My cell phone is fixed although my dad had to go in and get it fixed this morning (thank you dad) because the fraud department isn't open anytime that i'm not at work. And last but not least i got a new kitchen table and chair's this weekend (thanks mom) and i'm dang excited to use them tonight. I'll post pictures of all the funiture my mom made for brett and me once i get our apartment all cleaned up so stay tuned!

1 comments:

Margaret said...

The other day i actually stubbed my toe and thought "i'm a marshall i'm tough". It didn't ease the pain but replaced the angry words i though at myself for my stupidity.