Thursday, June 19, 2008

My typical day.

Since I'm married with no kids yet my life is apparently boring. While i enjoy it it leaves me with nothing to blog about. Here is my typical day.
4:40 AM
(yes that's in the morning) my alarm clock blares (luckily my husband never notices). My snooze is set to exactly 4 minutes long so normally after two snoozes i get up. If i look in the mirror and see that my hair can handle a ponytail for the day i got back to bed and turn on the nap function for 10 minutes. Most mornings my hair is too crazy and i have to shower. the whole time i think i just have to make it to the bus.
5:00 AM
When i was a kid my sister would come into my room after her shower and shake her wet hair all over me. I've passed this torture onto my still sleeping husband. Then i begin getting ready (minimal effort possible why can't i have perfect hair and skin or at least not care).
5:20 AM
By this time i am (or should be ready) I have 15 minutes to make breakfast and lunch and put my shoes on. Breakfast is usually cereal or poached eggs and toast. Some days it's oatmeal. This week i bought instant grit's which are yummy but not too filling.
5:35 AM
After waking up a sleepy Brett again for a goodbye kiss I'm out the door. at 5:40 everyday the radio station i listen to plays a patriotic song in honor of the troops i always try to hear it.
6:00 AM
By this point I've been up about 70-80 minutes. I've showered dressed eaten. and now i board a "le bus" and fall back asleep.
7:10 AM
Yet again i have to wake up (pure torture) because the bus is now at work. Once of the bus i clock in get my badge check that my hair is not all crazy after the bus and head to the trailer. There, while everyone else waits for the snail paced slow coffee maker, i drink hot chocolate (i think I'm getting addicted) Then it's into the lab where i start daily QA's. The rest of the morning i typically run samples through a gamma spectroscopy machine.
Basically i work with radioactive materials. When there is a radioactive decay gamma rays
(every waves) are given off. Depending on the radioactive element present the energy of
these rays will vary. By capturing these rays in a gamma spec. the energy can be measure
and the isotopes present can be identified. I put the samples in the machine. Start the
machine. Get the report from the printer look over and sign the report and start over.
sometimes i have to enter the isotopes identified into the computer.
11:00-12:00 ish
This is when i go to lunch. Usually i get to talk to Brett on the phone for a minute or two. Never have much to say but i still look forward to it. After lunch i go back to running samples.
3:15 PM
Leave the lab and get ready to catch the bus. I live in fear of missing the bus. Normally I'll have a snack. Leftover veggies from lunch a bottle of water and a banana (they bring banana's in for workers during the summer. Most of the workers work outside and the banana helps electrolyte replacement.
3:35 PM
Like any good child i take an afternoon nap. (If it's Monday i write my grocery list.) Mostly this is because the bus ride is very boring.
4:45 PM
I get off the bus. On Monday's i head to wally-world for a self induced head-ache. other days i head home.
The rest of the evening is where the variety is. (not) Wednesdays it's webelos (always fun, i totally got Brett out in dodge ball last night YES!) most nights it's dinner, dishes (hopefully dishes get done right after dinner) and sadly usually TV or a movie. Some times we go jogging. And then it's to bed. I try to go to bed early but it doesn't happen much anymore. I hate going to bed knowing i have to get up in 4, 5, or 6 hours.

And that is my typical day. Since your probably very bored (if your still reading even) I'll continue...
5 reasons i don't like my job
1) getting up early.
2) my computer is always in caps (this is for typing in sample ID'S) This makes trying to log into things with a non-all-caps password a PAIN!
3) Crossing out with one line, initialing, and dating any mistake I've made. I especially hate it when I'm crossing out my own initials or the date because i wrote it in the wrong spot.
4) Running out of samples to run (basically then I'm out of work)
5) Proving my high school business computer applications teacher correct. She made us do exercises using the number pad on the right of a keyboard so that we could easily use this feature. I greatly disliked the class and everything we were made to do. Now i use that number pad all the time for work and knowing how to use it properly really helps. I resent that she was right.
5 reasons my job is great
1) THE PAY! It's not amazing but better money than i make going to school (i.e. negative money). Whenever anyone asks if i like my job i say i wouldn't do it for nothing but it's not bad.
2) 2 hours of nap on the bus.
3) I have lots of time to think. Brett's always amazed when i come home and say oh i was thinking about ...blah blah blah today.
4) I always know the date because i write it so much.
5) I have lots or practice signing my new name. It's hard getting used to (i just barely finished changing my name so I'm just starting to sign my new name regularly) especially when the first three letters of my last name match the first three of my first. If I'm not paying attention i sign my first name twice!

5 things I'm dreading
1) paying the rent/insurance/any bill
2) going back to school. this includes paying tuition and buying books
3) gassing up my car.
4) okay i can't think of five

5 things I'm totally excited about
1) LAGOON!. we're going with Brett's twin brother and his wife this weekend and I'm giddy with excitement.
2) Being married
3) My family's reunion over the fourth
4) Brett's family reunion the week after. Last year i went but couldn't enjoy it much since it was the first time i really met most all of his siblings. (if you don't count the previous family reunion which was even bigger and i was blown away by people the whole fifteen minutes i was there.) It didn't help that his mom "really would be more comfortable if i slept in the trailer" instead of the back of my car. Of course i knew at this point i wanted/was suppose to marry Brett and i couldn't start of the mother-in-law relationship in a bad way. This year is bound to be more relaxing. I'll only have to put up with Brett's snoring ;)
5) going to my family's cabin and swimming!
6) having kids. While this still won't happen for a while nonetheless I'm excited for it.
7) going back to school. All the hard work that pays off when you learn something and seeing friends makes it worth it.
8) Did i already mention family reunions next month??
9) Seeing my husband when i get home from work
10) all of you to update your blogs so i can read your blog instead of boring you with mine.

Well there. I'd figure I'd do two good for each bad.

1 comments:

Mattsmom said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAH OH MAN I am laughing SO HARD!
I SO remember that reunion last year...and you must have been truly inspired to stick it out with us crazies! After all of the "goodbye AUNT Margaret", "OH Look...AUNT Margaret just couldn't stay away", And the "Okay kids...let's all say goodbye to AUNT Margaret again"! And OH how happy I am that we didn't scare you away with all of that! This year's reunion shall be FAB! CAN'T WAIT!

Secondly...Your Mom DOES ROCK! I get so many comments and compliments about the table you guys made for us! 'Cause YOU rock too!

Thirdly...I SERIOUSLY can't believe you have to get up before 5 o'clock in the blessed a.m. AAAAAHHHHHH I would SO die!