Thursday, June 26, 2008

EASYBAKE OVEN

When I was a kid I always wanted and easy bake oven. I never thought that at age 20 I'd finally have one.

This was our seventies-erific oven. Brett always called it our easybake oven. I had to leave some of our wedding gift cookie sheets because i wasn't sure it would fit in the oven. Our pizza pan barely fit in the oven. The worst part was the lack of working burners. The front left burner has never worked. Then one weekend Brett and i were making chicken alfredo, which took all three burners. As I turned on the back left burner it started sending off blue sparks. So for the past few months we've been living with two burners. But since we live in apartments we didn't have to either live with it or pay for the stove from our pocket. So today our new stove came.


It is a big update from our old stove. and even has a storage draw underneath (storage is lacking in our apartment). Only down side it's bigger, which is good, but it doesn't fit int the previous stove space and kind of takes over in our tiny kitchen. But overall I'm glad we have the new stove. Maybe my cooking will improve... especially because now i can't blame it on the crummy oven...

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Hooray for a new oven. I felt pretty sorry for you guys when I saw that ancient thing. I'm glad you got a nice shinny new one.