Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bun in the oven..

Hello friends... or just empty space which is the internet, I still have trouble believing people take interest in my blog. But, just in case the empy space has noticed my near two week absense from a post I will update. Actually I think empty space is smart enough to know that I started a post on Monday and could have read it even though it had been abandoned as saved draft. Do you even wonder where all this information one puts on a blog is stored? It's not saved on my computer, I can't access it when I don't have internet. Doesn't there have to be some concrete storage of the data. Is there a gaint building, or maybe an underground bunker, where all internet stuff is stored in tiny compartments? And everytime we get on the internet we connect with an extra terrestrial being ( no human being is smart enough to handle the job) who simply waits for our web site requests and then connects us to the compartment where that information is stored. For example everytime I click the perriwinkle-ish blue 'SAVE NOW' button at the bottom of the page more 'bites (or bytes)' are stored. (Okay I really don't know what a bite is, I think I heard through the rumor mill that it is a punch of zeros and ones (yeah any one gossips about computer stuff out side of the computer science cults).) (I try to be very careful of putting period inside or outside of parentheses). (OH NO! I think that last one should have been inside the parenthese because because it was an entire sentence.) (Better that time.) (This is a vicious downward spiral of parenthetical side notes. [I only used the word parenthetical to sound smart] But sometimes I like using brackets within parentheses because that is sometimes done in math. But them I worry that you will start inside the innermost parentheses (or brackets) and work your way out. Dang order of operations. Plus what is the plural of the word for these -->( )?? Parenthese or parentheses?) Oh dear I hope I closed all of my parenthese(s?). Well to say I have digressed would be an understatement. I don't remember what I was saying and I don't want to go back and read through my earlier rambling because I have been inspired -by another blog, more later- (I tried dashes to mix things up) to always be "keepin' it real on here". This means when I'm happy you will be bombarded by mispelled, because I think faster than I type,rambling. (Oh look commas replacing the parenthese(s?). I think it's called an apositive... Mr. Hatch?? It would be weird to find out my senior year high school english teacher reads my blog but if you are can I get a confirmation of what an apositive is. Oh and please ignore all the other gramatical lessons that, judging by my writing, I clearly missed) Oh darn I digresses again. But I've found myself now... I know you all missed me since my last post. So now to business.

I'M PREGNANT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just kidding... Ha ha ha ha... Oh boy I crack myself up. I'm really almost crying I'm laughing so hard imagining your reactions. Ha ha ha... tear... gasp. Okay but in all seriousness... No baby on board. My waistline and gut are expanding purely because of food... no incubating. Oh and please remake any phone calls to newspapers, radio/television stations, or anyone else and retract your exclamation that I'm pregnant now that you know I was just kidding. Oh an a warning I think I'm going to go the boy who cried wolf so you'll never know if my "I'm pregnant" announcement will always leave you wondering "Truth or Folly?" For a moment I just thought maybe I'll even get one of these baby countdown things on my blog and then I remembered those creep me out intenesly (please take no offense if you have one on your blog). There is a reason my stomach doesn't have a "see-in-side" portion and that is because the baby has not learned cuteness yet. (Betchya' did realize cuteness is a developable talent.. I practice every night!)

So you all wonder I'm not preggers then where have I been these last two weeks and why do I seem so darn happy today.

Second question first... I had 2 donoughts this morning (waistline expansion) and it was the healthiest part of my just got off the bus snack (we had a site wide safety meeting). I cleverly made the donoughts look healthy by washing them down with non-orange juice i.e Sunny D and then finished off with a unidentifiable juice called Capris Sun. Moral of this lesson donoughts --> still good. Fake "100% juice", "all natural" "fruit" juices --> only good for those with a less refined culinary taste.

So what have I been doing in my non gestating state. (I'm loving using words that probably don't actually fit in my sentences and hoping they mean what I think they do.) (Total side story. I was helping with a cross word at work (even though I'm usually a cross word hater). The clue was like lazy, relaxed (I think). They couldn't get word so I threw out the word languid. They were all pretty sure I had made the word up and I was wondering the same thing. But the word fit. Sure enough the cross word answers the next day confirmed I'm a genius! Let that be a lesson to you parents... make your kids read. But seriously I got the word from reading books, no spelling test contained the word languid.) To recap what this paragraph is actually about it's what I've been up to lately. I made a deliciouso pie. Mississippi Mud Pie to be exact. I went to a ski patrol function with my awesome mother and sister. Worked as usual. And last but not least fallen in love... with a blog.

Joanie thank you. My new found love is all thanks to you. I was innocently enjoying my sister-in-law's blog the other day (see link to left (unless I change my blog template then it will be on the right or delete my blog roll then your s-o-l)). Well she had just learned how to cut up pineapple from an illusive pioneer woman. (I actually looked up the definition of illusive, found that it didn't really fit context wise, but since it sounded good I left. Parents let this be a lesson to you... make sure your kids actually understands the words your force them to read so they can sound intelligent someday.) So I checked out the blog to see if I cut up pineapple the right way. (I'm close on the pineapple algorithm but not exact... I like my way better.) (By the way I just tried using links in my blog and am loving it.) So at first I thought nothing more of pioneer woman until during moments of sheer boredom I began exploring her blog more. First I fell in love with the story of her falling in love with her husband. And then got laughs and giggles out of her ranching stories. So check out her blog (caution some posts are not for the squeemish). Oh and i am also envious of her blogging and photography abilities.
So the answer to your ultimate question... Where have I been... Reading blogs not posting on them. (Now that I'm out of rambling I have to spell check.. scary.) (Acutally spell checking wasn't too bad but I still refuse to proof read. I'm keepin' it real, just like pioneer woman inspired me to, which means no proof reading for me... sorry)

3 comments:

Mattsmom said...

Yea right. Boy who cried wolf! You should have heard Mom Marshall when I told her you were preggers! TRULY FABULOUS! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA





Okay so...I really didn't tell her. But I did think about just posting that comment and letting you sweat it out. THAT would have been funny! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA

HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Okay. SO. I believe that you are not growing a bun...

I cut the pineapple part your way and part Pioneer Woman's way...and I have to say that your way IS better. She's got nuttin' on the "illustrious" Margaret!

Really we have SIL Katie to thank about the Pioneer Woman addiction! She got me hooked...and Amber too. Soon we will convert the whole fam into Pioneer Woman loving geeks! That should be fun.

[(P.S.)(Craig+Joanie)=think you are parenthetically hilarious]

Caroline said...

Joanie had already told me about the fake preganacy alarm, but I still had to find out for myself. You know, if you really wanted to, you could make it a real pregnancy alarm and join Joanie and MYSELF in this nine month journey!!!! Oh, I just wanted to let you know - you are so random with all of your grammer talk - but I still love you. Oh, and by the way, you are not the only one who can cry wolf. I am not on a nine month journey, but hopefully I got a good reaction out of you!!!

Yasmeen said...

That was hysterical, Margaret. What happened to the crepe recipe!?