Monday, August 11, 2008

Words of Wisdom

"Keep your mind in the middle
while your butt swings round and round."
-Garth Brooks The Fever
Those are my new words of wisdom I discovered on my drive home yesterday. While the song is talking about rodeo riding I think it applies to life. I know sometimes I feel like I'm being pulled in every direction at once and you just have to keep your mind centered. Plus the mental image is great. Serious! Close your eyes. Oh wait no don't close 'em yet! You have to keep reading. Okay when I say so close your eyes and imagine a Cartesian coordinate. Now imagine someone with their head at the origin on the circle (that's point (0,0)!). Finally, with their butt trace the equation y^2 + x^2 = 1 (we are assuming the length from the tip of the person's head to the bottom of their butt to be one 1 unit). Okay go ahead and close your eyes and imagine it now. Funny huh, wait no! Stop! Your not imagining it. WHAT!!!! You don't remember your high school geometry. What is this world coming to! Just kidding! If you didn't follow I just used a long and convoluted way to describe someone bent over, spinning their butt in a circle. But come on! Doesn't the math description sound so much more fun.
Any whoo let's move away from math to history... Wait no it would be herstory since its what I did this weekend! I know you're rolling on the floor in laughter.
Now that you are begging me to stop the maddness and tell you what I did this weekend...
So if you remember (or if you missed out read my last post) I told everyone I was pregnant as a total joke. Well I spent the whole weekend doing two things. 1) Pretending I was preggers. i.e eating for two! I had a bowl of ice cream every night! YUM. Double, nay triple YUM!. and 2) Worried I actually was. While I had no reason to think I was I've still heard enough "she was on the pill and ended up pregnant stories" to be scared. However I'm not scared enough to spend money to find out. God gives us a free preg test every 4 weeks or so... I'll wait for that.
So I was also taught my lesson on playing jokes like that. Joanie and Caroline you both got me in your comments. Joanie I believed you when you said you'd told Brett's mom. I had hoped you had also let on that it was a joke though. And Caroline I did believe you when you on a nine month journey. The one thing I'm still curious about is this. My oldest brother called me and left me a voicemail saying "Hey Margaret, I heard you are pregnant congrats!" And that was it. I never bothered to call back so I'm not sure if anyone clued him in that it was a joke. Oh well.
And for any of you (Yaz) looking for a recipe I've posted I moved them all here. Check it out. I've added a few and hopefully with in the week I'm going to add a divine alfredo sauce recipe.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Rob was kidding, no worries. I did get your Mom a bit when I told her about the post!

Caroline said...

I'm glad that I got you. Although, I wish I would have been able to see your reaction in person. Good to know that sometimes you eat for two even if there is no baby inside. I know that I do - especially if it is ice-cream!!!

Mattsmom said...

HA HA HA! The only person I told about your fake pregnancy was Caroline...but I seriously think I should have told Brett's mom.

I love your math equation! You just kill me woman. Never am I creative enough to recreate the mental image you did with math.