Saturday, May 1, 2010

Slovenia day 1/Travel

~5:00:
I made it to slovenia. I left salt lake at 5:00 pm on Friday the 30th and arrived in Slovenia Saturday the first at 5:00 pm. The flight from SLC to Paris was good but long. I slept okay on the flight and got a little work done. I got to see bits of england, the english channel, and france through the clouds. The french countryside is beautful. It lookes like a patch work of greens, browns, and yellow. After a short stay in the Paris airport it was off to slovenia. I'm suppose to meet some people in a few minutes but I wanted to share some pictures with you real quick.


Paris from the air.




Policemen on actual horses in front of our hotel and my hotel room.

It took me a while to figure out how to turn on the lights. I freak me out a little that none of the switches did anything. Turns out the box by the door that I didn't notice... You have to put your room key into it and all the lights will turn on. Pretty neat eh? Well I'm off to find food.

~9:00
Well I'm back from buying food. Brett was logged on to his gmail account and I'm very happy to be chatting with him through gmail as we speak. Instant messaging/online chatting does make me feel like I'm in Jr. High again though and I don't like it. We are working on getting it so we can talk over Skype. Here is what we did this evening...
This is the view from my hotel (not part of what we did this evening but still cool)

Outside the Hotel


The hotel from down the street



The center of the touristy downtown.


Dinner: Gyro Pita and a Banana Nutella Crepe

After dinner we wandered around down town. There are a ton of beautiful buildings that are in stark contrast of the buildings from the communist era.



The castle overlooking the city is in the background atop the hill.


This statue was rare because... he is fully dressed. Or at least more dressed than most the other statues.


Okay this guy was/is fully dressed and awesome!


The park was so green and beautiful there were tons of flowers I've enver seen before and some I have. The amusing part is that the flowers are so well kept but the grass not so much. The grass is longer and has dandelions in it. Not a bad thing but different from parks back home.

0 comments: