Saturday, June 27, 2009

Trips

I wanted our desktop computer brought home with us for the summer so I would have photoshop. I figured I'd finally have time now that I'm not in school. So not true. I used photoshop for the first time this summer the other night. Here are the fruits of my labor as well as pictures from trips Brett and I have gone on. (Please note... I was having fun with photoshop and I realize some of the pictures look 'photoshoped' but I wasn't trying for a natural look.)

First we have our trip to southern Utah during finals week. Less than smart me told the INL my start day was the Monday after school ended. This left no time for a camping trip. When I realized I have a final on Friday and not another until Wednesday we decided to go during finals. (Maybe not the best idea but I did well in all my classes so it worked out.) We went down to zion national park again. We hiked Angel's Landing. Very fun hike but maybe not for the kiddies. Below is a picture from the top. Left is the original. I was disappointed at how washed out all the pictures were. The right is photoshoped. Still not perfect but or the single touch of a button its better.

Last weekend Brett and I decided to celebrate our 2 year since our first date/1.5 years of marriage. Thursday night we went to Guys and Dolls at the Playmill Theater in West Yellowstone. Friday morning we got up early, went to eat the the Running Bear in West Yellowstone and then drove through Yellowstone National Park, down through Teton National Park and then stopped in Alpine for some fireworks. It was a very fast trip but lots of fun.

And while getting the above pictures off the desktop onto a jump drive to get on this computer I found these little gems. (I added what I'm probably thinking in the pictures)

I'm coming

Maybe I'm not coming.. this is hard. Making this face helps though..
GROAAAAAN with exertion... or concentration. I'm sure glad I'm making this face so the camera knows how hard this is... I have an awesome helmet on.
I guess I better smile because 9 years from now I'm gonna wish my gluteus maximus still looked like this. And am I having a gothic day today or something?
I might have taken some liberties with what I was thinking. But I really do wish my butt still looked like that. This was from a climb I did with my mom and brothers in 2002. The climb was Baxter's Pinnacle in the Teton mountain range.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

hahaha!! your narrations are hilarious!