Saturday, January 17, 2009

We need an intervention.

Okay this picture isn't the topic of my post (although it accounts for 3/4's of the post) but... I got a new snowmobiling helmet for Christmas and I love it. The one that Brett gave to me on Christmas day was a child's medium. Needless to say it was too small. When we went to exchange it I got to pick out the adult size helmet I wanted. I started out with a nice innocent helmet.. like Brett's in this picture. Then saw a nice pretty white one with swirls on it. Then I saw this one and it was love it first sight. I don't know why I loved it so much at first glance but I did. Then Brett pointed out the small skulls on the sides and oddly I loved it even more. And when I saw the large skull on the back I thought... 'my mother-in-law probably won't approve but I love it.'

Now I've gone out snow machining in it and I love it even more. It's bad for me to wear a helmet doing anything because while I might be 5 times safer I act 10 times crazier while doing things. In this helmet especially! I have to act hard core like the helmet is right?



So here is the actual purpose of this post. These books.

Four books, four different subjects ALL the same design. Come on people. Can't you come up with better covers! Right here is over $500 worth of books and the publisher won't even take the time to come up with interesting covers. How boring. I think as a member as the Student Advisory Comitee for the chemical engineering departed at the U of U I should speak out about this atrocity. What do you think?

5 comments:

Katie M. said...

Love the helmet. The books look as interesting as the content inside -- JK!

Mattsmom said...

Your eyes are AMAZING in that picture! You are gorgeous!

Mattsmom said...

You are almost certainly right...your mother in law will probably not approve...but I think it is funny!

Courtney said...

Agreed (about the books). Makes it a lot more likely to grab the wrong one on the way out the door when they all look the same like that.

Amber M said...

That is one hot helmet. I have seen you drive a motorcycle and well lets just say that helmet is a good idea for you. LOL. Then again you have seen me come of a ski lift and a helmet might not be a bad idea for me either (even though that one time I swear you pushed me. J/K) Thanks again for skiing and not laughing too hard at me. Your the best!