Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One year down.

So Brett and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary almost two weeks ago. I originally had not intended on getting a wedding cake but plans changed and we ended up getting one. And upholding tradition we froze the top layer to eat on our one year anniversary. Here is us and our cake.

(I know this picture is kind of dark but I don't
feel like taking the time to fix it right now)

I love frosting and I just couldn't waste the frosting on the server so I had to lick it
(I think I still have a few manners I need to learn)

I know that I got Brett just as much as he got me... I think the frosting mainly got on the side of his face not visible in this picture.

So now a year has passed. I was sick on our anniversary so we didn't try to eat our cake top them but a few days later we decided to pull it out. We had left it in my parents freezer. Well I went to find the cake, I searched high and low in all four (that is right 4!!!) freezers and can't find it anywhere.

We found what was left of the bottom layer (which we did eat and it was actually still pretty good) but we don't know where the top went. But we're not too worried about it. Maybe we'll look for it next anniversary.

4 comments:

Zina said...

Happy Anniversary!

Mattsmom said...

HA HA HA HA HA! I find it very funny that you can not find the top layer...but are not convinced that it might not be there to find next year! Happy anniversary!

Katie M. said...

You are brave. Tracy and I didn't dare eat 1 year old cake. Happy Aniversary!

antimony said...

Can I comment on the previous post here, or would you have found it down there? I just want to say that the makeup musings were very entertaining, and I too really like who you were and who you are. You made growing up a lot more fun. Also, your color choices are still inspiring for a girl who still only wears makeup less than once a week. love you!