Saturday, October 24, 2009

NEWTS

Some people think engineering is like some crazy magic (I think so too sometimes). That is why I like to think of what most people call the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam. NEWTS for engineers. For you non Harry Potter Fans NEWTS is Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Exam.

So I took my NEWTS today. They were exhausting. I'll know in twelve weeks if I have to try again next spring. If we're taking bets I'm betting I'll take it again next spring. But at least then I'll know what to study. And I now have en extensive list of all the things I've learned and forgotten. OH and I got something else:

Its a $140 pencil. You aren't allowed to use your own pencil so they give you one. See how it glows. It must be touched by a higher power (or photoshoped).

4 comments:

antimony said...

There are some things in life that require you to glory in the little things - like a glow-in-the-light pencil, or the fact that you survived!!

I'll take the bet AGAINST you taking it again next spring. My sister is a genius!

Courtney said...

we were allowed to take the pencils??!! dang... i left mine :( i'll bet that you won't have to take it again, but if you do, i'm pretty sure i'll see you there!

Mattsmom said...

You are a genius! You will have passed. I'd take that bet as well.

NEWTS. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That is awesome! I love you!

Yasmeen said...

I have Jon's pencil and I'm using it right now!