Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Softball game 1

Tonight was game 1 of our softball season. And softball game 1 of my life. The last time I hit a ball with a bat it was in my parents pasture and cow pies were the bases. Brett played softball the summer we met and was so sad last summer when almost his whole family played on a team together. So this year, as soon as I accepted my internship at the INL we were planning on playing softball. Now here comes a little insight into me. I don't like being bad at things. Obviously no one want to be bad at anything but I really hate being bad at anything especially in front of other people. I tend to stick with what I'm good at... basically school and a few other things. So because inevitably i'm horrible at something I've never done i was almost having anxiety attacks leading up to tonight. I was praying for rain but for once (it seems like) the weather was good. Well tonight has now come and gone and I'm done for the season. Why? because I hit the ball and made it to first base. That was my goal for the season I'm done.

Okay just kidding. But I am happy the bat touched the ball and that I even made it to first. (Oh yeah I struck out the next two times I was at bat but you can't have everything)

3 comments:

Caroline said...

You did great last night. Getting to first base in your first "real" softball game is quite an accomplishment. I'm jealous of anyybody that actually gets to swing at the ball.

Katie M. said...

Nice work! Wish we lived close enough to be able to participate! Where are you and Brett living?

Amber M said...

Now that you have actually played with the family you realize that we aren't really good at it either...