Thursday, May 7, 2009

I have a tough life...

Lately I've taken up the habit of replying "You have a tough life *dripping with sarcasm*" whenever Brett complains about something small and insignificant. For example.

Brett: I don't know which shoes to wear today. Its so frustrating

Me: Ah, You have a tough life *dripping sarcasm*.

(Please note: this has never happened. Brett doesn't own enough shoes to have options.)

or here's another example.

Me: I'm so frustrated because I made silly stupid mistakes on my final. It was a cake final! I should have gotten a perfect score! And its not like I was short on time. I had like an extra half an hour. But no I just failed to read the test carefully enough and made silly mistakes like switching x and y and evaluating at the center of the churro instead of half way between the center and the surface ( you have to read on of this professors tests to understand). I could bomb a test and not care because I had no clue how to do the problems. In this case I knew how to do every problem and will still probably do okay but I'm ticked at myself for my stupid mistakes. I should have done better. I'm so angry

in reply to myself... "I have a tough life *dripping sarcasm*"

(Please note: This is a true story.. and I am really frustrated with myself.)

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Just reading about churros made me want one. Thanks for giving the prego girl a new craving!! We are excited that you two are coming home for the summer - I swear Sean is almost as thrilled to be getting his brother back as he is to be getting a son!!!!

Margaret said...

maybe I should have added that they were poisoned churros... still crave 'em?

Mattsmom said...

I have so been there and done that with the testing thing. SO FRUSTRATING. It certain,y isn't the end of the world...but it is annoying.

Can't wait for you to get here!