Monday, December 22, 2008

I feel like a kid again.

So today was the first official day of winter break. No grades have been posted yet so my spirits are still high. Brett is working for my mom over break so he got up extra early this morning. I was worried I'd feel bad staying in bed when he got up... no such luck for him. This morning I fell back asleep immediately after he got up and I moved into the middle of the bed. We're staying in my parents house so we're sleeping in the bed I slept in through most of high school. It's fun to be back but I'm out of practice crawling into a bed that is belly button height. My dad woke up about about 9'ish this morning to tell me to NOT accept any packages from Fed Ex today. I was pretty disoriented and first said "isn't it Sunday?" Then I realized no its Monday. My next confusion was remembering last night when my dad asked me to sign for any Fed Ex packages. He told me yeah he had said that last night but now he was telling me to not sign for any of them. I was pretty disoriented. I got up and went upstairs where my husband was eating breakfast for the second time today. I stole a couple kisses before my dad started teasing me by asking Brett if I was also so disheveled in the mornings.

But my morning stupor didn't last long. I had Christmas shopping to do and I didn't want to do it alone. My dad was about to go to town so I hurried and got ready so I could go with him. I am so out of practice shopping! My dad went to a million different stores... some stores twice... I realized today that I never shop and when I do it's one stop for me. It was amazing to me how much money was spent. Brett and I aren't poor but money had taken on a new meaning since getting married. Sadly a fair amount of the money spent was by me... but also not sadly because they were Christmas gifts for Brett and I'm pretty darn excited to see if he likes them.

But the reason for the title was... It truly felt like I was in high school again. I woke up alone, in the middle of the bed ( I really miss sleeping in the middle of the bed, although Brett would try to convince you I still do), in the house I grew up in, by my father, and then I spent the day shopping with my dad... no husband. I kept looking at my wedding ring to remind myself that yes I am married still. Living in a one bedroom apartment makes it so Brett and I are always within talking distance from each other. It's weird being in a whole house where we can be separated by more than just on wall. Now Brett is at his brothers so it's just me and my parents.... I am married right??? Brett wasn't just a dream??? oh yeah... there's my ring... I'm not still in high school.

1 comments:

Katie M. said...

I'm glad you finished your shopping, and you better darn be married to Brett or we wouldn't be sistas. We loved your christmas card -- too cute. See you in a couple of days!