Monday, October 13, 2008

My last name's Marshall so....

A few months ago I wrote that my last name is Marshall so I'm tough. Today... My last name's Marshall so I have awful luck. Now don't get all worried yet everything is fine it's just ironic the mishaps today. So in my last post I wrote that Brett has cancer (not so lucky in and of itself). Today he went into surgery and it went great (as great as surgery can be). They'll run some tests and we will know for sure if it was cancer or not. Now the bad luck comes in. We spent last weekend at home in Idaho which was fantastic. We spent Saturday with Brett's family and Sunday with mine. However, the fabulous-ness ended about 40 miles from Salt Lake when my stomach started churning. The bad luck at least subsided long enough that I made it home. But the minute I got into the bathroom... oh boy was I sick. I'll stop there to avoid an over share. So the rest of the night I was in and out of the bathroom, sick a few more times. I think I honestly slept a few hours worth on the floor outside our bathroom. This morning when I got up the sickness had turned into just nausea. I honestly spent most the night thinking "No, not now, not before Brett's surgery" but just kept remembering that Heavenly father will not try us above which we are able to bear. So with the faith that I would survive I got up and got ready and cleaned up before Brett's parents arrived. Once they arrived we learned that they too had gotten sick.

So after spending the day nauseous in the waiting room of the hospital Brett came home and felt better than all three of us. This evening Brett's parents decided to leave because, in Brett's dad's words "If I'm going to dye I want to do it in my own bed." So they headed out only to quickly return reporting a flat tire.

I honestly just sit here wondering if I could have avoided this bad luck if I had kept my maiden name.... It's good Brett's worth all the bad luck.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's cancer and surgery - but very glad that things are going well. Hopefully you are doing better yourself and your luck will begin to improve! Love - Shayla

Caroline said...

Sorry to here that you have been so sick. I too have spent nights like that running to the bathroom. I just hope your sickness doesn't last too long. And don't worry, the Marshall bad luck will turn to good luck before too long. We love you guys and hope you both get better soon. Oh, and tell Brett he came home a little less nutty from the hospital!!!!

Mattsmom said...

We all got the ickies too. Matthew, Sadie, and Craig have all been puktastic for the past several days.

BAD luck...no way! We Marshall's have GREAT luck! How else can you describe the fact that Craig and I did not have to leave the state even when there should have been NO way to stay given Craig's degree and how FEW job openings are available here.
How else could you describe all of the prizes we Marshall's win at local town events...I have won twice, and Sadie once within the last year!

I am so glad Brett is home and doing okay. Hopefully the news in the next few days is all good!

Margaret said...

I can't spell your maiden name joannie but it sounds like your "insert maiden name here" has over powered Marshall bad luck. It seems like Fitch bad luck has failed to overpower Marshall bad luck.