Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winning at gambling

I'm not a horrible person but I did gamble this evening. My gambling career so far consists of this. A 25 cent scratch ticket in the Malad gas station. Stopping at the nickel slots last may when Brett and I were in Vegas, realizing they didn't actually take coins and leaving, and now this evening. And this evening we won $20. Mind you we gambled $25 but the $25 was free. Okay that doesn't really make sense... my mom and dad had gotten a $25 gambling voucher for the venetian. So tonight they redeemed it. We played the nickel slots first. I think I won a $1.25 but spent $5. I gambled away that $1.25 and didn't regret it one bit. We then went on to the $5 slots (big money players in the house!) where we spent the rest of the $25 voucher. Dad won $15 and I won $5. If mom hadn't been there I don't think dad or I wouldn't have cashed out and would have played away our winnings too. But really... slot machines are pretty boring... there isn't even the clink of coins when you win. Even pulling the lever is optional since they have a button now. So we got cash for our winning tickets, bought gelato that was expensive but not as expensive as the gelato in Paris, and enjoyed Phantom of the Opera. Pretty good night all in all.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

coins don't come clinking out when you win?! :( how lame...

(p.s. i responded to your comment in the comment section of my blog. haha, i always do that but i'm pretty sure very few people ever check back. oh well :))