Monday, October 10, 2011

No Patience for Pictures

Words about Vera aren't as cute as pictures but my internet is soooooo slow that if I try to add pictures I will give up entirely. Vera is six months and five days old. She has sat independently for a while now. She can now crawl but her coordination still needs some improvement and over the last few days she has learned how to sit up on her own. She loves everything we give her to eat. Today at her appointment she was 17 lbs and 27 inches. The Dr. also told me I can give her biter biscuits and vanilla wafers and crackers to eat. Before I was nervous about chocking and only gave her food that dissolves easily. He informed me that she can learn to chew now and probably choke a little in the process or she can learn to chew later and probably choke a little then too; just be sure to watch her and know what to do if she does choke. I thought that made a lot of sense. So this afternoon Vera ate vanilla wafers and did very well with them.

In non-baby news
    Work and school are going well. I went to Edinburgh Scotland three weeks ago and presented some of my work. It went well and I really enjoyed Edinburgh. In two weeks I'll be in Paris presenting some more of my work to a working group (VERY VERY nervous for that).
    I inherited a beautiful black Baldwin upright piano that is getting moved in tomorrow and I'm very excited (thanks to those who gave me the piano and my dear daddy for going and getting it from Florida for me!)
   I've been asked to play to organ for a musical number in church. Bleh! (at least I have a new piano to practice.)
   While I was in scotland Brett started redoing our bathroom as a gift to me. He painted out tub. It was an ugly yellow and now it is pure white. It looks like a brand new tub!
   Very is no longer the youngest Marshall. She has a sweet new cousin named Gwen. We are hoping to go and see her and her family at the end of the month.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Someday I would love to go to Scotland! Maybe I should just become an engineer and then I could go all over the world with you!!!

Can't believe Vera is already crawling. I swear just yesterday I was on pins and needles wondering if she was ever going to come out! Now its six months later and Gwen is here so she and Vera can be best friends. You 3 are welcome at our house whenever! Please come and visit us :)

Mattsmom said...

Man I am missing Vera's babyhood. I can't believe she is mobile already! Congrats and good luck on your trips and presentations!