Thursday, October 7, 2010

Name for this phobia

So I've developed this phobia and I want to know the name of it. I am scared of the remote possibility that while driving down the street with my windows down a passing car will flip of a rock, it will fly in the window, hit me in the temple or eye, and cause me to black out, or lose an eye, or even die. This fear strikes me often while driving but I've always suppressed it and have never rolled up my window as a result. But I can see how fears of stuff like that can be debilitating.

Also, I've decided on a new blog title. It's coming soon and it's a good one.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Really? I have never heard of that fear! You are crazy, but I guess there is a small sliver of a chance that a rock could black you out while you are driving - I'm just going to throw out a 1 in 1 million statistic for that one. Hope your one of the 999,999!

Mattsmom said...

Honestly, that phobia is often manifested in people with OCD. Also honestly, I sometimes have thoughts while driving near a cliff edge or river, somehow I could lose control of the wheel and drive off the edge. Doesn't stop me from driving, but I do sometimes think that. Maybe we are OCD together.